Friday, November 16, 2007

AnHosting Review by Blzzrd

ANHosting who is pretty much owned and operated by midPhase was my first paid hosting. I've been with them for 10 months and the plan is about to expire. During that time, I signed up with MANY MANY MANY other hosts to convince myself that I made the right choice.

During these 10 months I have only positive things to say about ANHosting.

Support

Support could've been a little better. However its nothing to discourage buying hosting from them. With this being my first host, I had many tickets in the beginning. All of which were answered in a professionally manner, and all tickets were resolved smoothly.

However the time in which they took to respond to each ticket varied. I had MANY issues that were resolved within 15 minutes. Then again, I had some important issues that went unanswered for over 24 hours. They always seemed to apologize though.

Support - 8/10

Pricing

Pricing in my opinion was a great deal. I realize that they are border-line overselling, but the quality of the hosting is wonderful.

The only thing that I hate about their pricing, is their domain pricing. Registering a new domain WITH them is $21. To change the main domain on your account, its $30. I honestly think that is outrageous. However its very unrelated as I, and most others, usually use the free domain they give as the main domain. Then the rest of our domains are registered elsewhere. So this domain pricing really makes no different.

Pricing - 9/10

Hosting

I was on their linux shared hosting plan and must say...it was AMAZING. I don't have anything hosted their anymore as I now have my own dedicated server elsewhere. ANHosting is the fastest server I've ever encountered. I don't know if I got luck and got put on a great server...or I don't know, but it was great. Unfortunately with the cPanel skin they use, I can't check the server staus...but it was great. I remember downloading 500mb videos at almost 2Mb/s.

The uptime for me was 100%. I don't ever remember them going down. They have all the features any host would have too, so I wasn't really missing anything.

Hosting - 10/10

Overall - 9/10

No comments: